Monday 10 August 2015

REVIEW: YLG Salon Service - Gold Wax













Gold serum, gold cream, gold facial, and now gold wax? How luxurious! 




YLG is a chain of salons located in Bangalore and Chennai, India. Amongst the wide range of services on its platter, painless waxing is one of its forte. It has newly come up with an ingenious painless wax service - gold wax. Read on to find out more about this wax and my review on it.





Image source: www.ylgindia.com
I first came to know about their gold wax through their hoarding right across my home. Luckily, their newly opened store was barely 5 minutes away from my home!


The gold wax is performed by a waxing expert duo team using no-burn exclusive temperature controlled cartridges. It claims no pain, no burn, and sun de-tan. It also promises slower hair growth and instant, long lasting glow!




Image source: www.ylgindia.com




I will now explain my personal reasons that compelled me to choose the gold wax over others.



1. Super sensitive skin - hormonal changes brought about by pregnancy and breastfeeding had made my skin  super sensitive to pain. Like even a touch seems so many times rough and tough.


2. Super fast and thick hair growth - Another change brought about by the hormonal changes during this baby making period. Hair grows luxuriously. While it is certainly welcome on the head, every where else is certainly not.


3. Ingrown hair and rashes - A very common side effect of improper waxing / hair removal. Owing to thick hair or bad waxing, I would always end up with ingrown hair that would later get inflamed and turn out as painful bumps and scarring.
4. Little time on hand - With a little baby constantly needing my time and attention, time is the most precious asset.
5. Pocket friendly"splurges" - I like to save as much as possible, so that I can then splurge on as many as possible! LOL.


I decided to give the gold wax a try.


I made an appointment online the previous night for an afternoon session on the next day as I felt it would not be so crowded at that hour of the day. The next day, I walked in to the salon during my preferred slot, and boy was I surprised by the number of people in there! Clearly, this was a busy salon day in and out.




Within 5 minutes, I was attended to. However, there was only one attendant unlike the duo team I expected as per the ad. The room looked fresh and neat. I needed a full legs waxing, so I was required to lie down on a bed. The thing I loved most was that she respected my privacy by going only up to the area on my thigh as I had requested. Most beauticians feel no awkwardness in going up to all the places and embarrassing the hell out of me and almost giving me a Brazilian.






It seemed the wax was ready to use. She immediately got to the job and picked up a cartridge. The cartridge looked like a white cuboid plastic container with a roller on top which could be closed with a cap. The wax was warm but tolerable. The consistency was more like a lotion than waxy. It easily spread as a thin layer on the skin with the help of the roller on the cartridge. It took no time to cool, so she immediately pulled off the hair using a disposable paper strip. Owing to its super silky consistency, it didn't hurt even the tiniest bit when pulled off. It's just like putting on a moisturizer and pulling it off using a strip of paper! No pain, all gain. And so she got both my legs done in about 5 minutes. Can you believe that!? After the waxing, she cleaned up and remaining bits. Finished off with lavender based oil which was so fragrant and silky to touch. I walked out with super smooth and shimmering legs. So all of its claims were 100% true and I was a very happy customer. As i write this article it's already 7 weeks post the wax, and my legs are still silky smooth and hairless. Not even half a millimetre! I can confidently wear anything that reveals a bit of the legs. Unlike the regular wax, this didn't give me any ingrown hair or any inflammation or rashes or itches or anything! Unlike the regular wax that takes at least a half an hour, this one saved me so much time by finishing within 5 minutes. That way, I reckon it would take 10 minutes or so for a full hands and legs session. It removed the discoloration on the legs and the skin looks so even and healthy now. It also lightened up the scars from previous waxing inflammations.





If only this had existed ever since the first time I had a wax 10 years ago! My legs would have looked like a super model's. Hehehe. Nonetheless, it is here today and just like that it is my all time favorite salon service.

Pros

1. No pain 

2. No burn

3. Non sticky 

4. Silky smooth and shiny finish 

5. De-tans and anti-marks 

6. No ingrown hair 

7. No bumps or any kind of inflammation 

8. Time saved 

9. Hair growth dramatically reduced 


Cons

1. The salon chain is currently located only in Bangalore and Chennai, so the rest of India cannot experience the amazing gold wax


2. Slightly more expensive than regular, conventional wax but given the technology of the product and the quality of the result, it is absolutely worth it. On another note, pro rata conventional wax hair growth rate, it could take up to 2 - 3 waxes in the time that hair re-growth post gold wax. In this way, it actually turns out to be a money saver!






Would I go for another one? Yes, absolutely! Without any doubt.






Would I recommend it? Any doubts???






The review above is 100% my own opinion and I spent my own money for the wax service.




Please leave your comments, suggestions, requests, queries in the comments section below.


Hope you enjoyed the review and hope you will enjoy the service as much as I did.


xoxo

SASH!

5 comments:

  1. Do u still continue this gold was from​ Ylg..which is the outlet you have gone and you would suggest because I see lot of negative comments for their.certain outlets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last week i have planned to visit salon. But I want to book the appointment in online. So googled for online book salon for females. Yup i found this YLG Website: Salon for women and booked my appointment. After entering into the hair salon especially made for women's facial and bridal makeup & waxing i found the pleasant environment there. For first time customers waxing services and facial services for females they are giving free sessions. I have booked for several services such as threading services, waxing services and hair cut services, body massage etc. Moreover they gave me free sessions for waxing and facials. Remaining things also affordable than any other beauty salon services. Here you can book hair cut service, book beauty service before coming to salon so that service will be better without waiting. I think so YLG and particularly this branch is best salon for women, ladies and females forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your blog is really good. useful content. thanks for posting, I have a similar page kindly visit my page also Laser hair removal in Jaipur

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice blogs!!! i have to learning for lot of information for this sites...Thanks to Sharing for wonderful information.

    Ladies Beauty Parlour In Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  5. hiwaga blogspot
    Thanks for sharing this valuable information with us keep Blogging !!
    spa in vizag
    Best salon in vizag
    Best Beauty parlours in vizag

    ReplyDelete